“Through actively seeking opportunities in business development, board leadership, community involvement and mentorship, the Women’s Committee works to help its women lawyers earn a seat at the table.”
The Women’s Committee was formed to provide an opportunity for the firm’s female lawyers to raise individual attorney profiles, to obtain positions of leadership in the community and within the firm, and to embrace networking opportunities through regular meetings, community involvement, leadership development and networking events.
Members of the Women’s Committee:
The Women’s Committee strives to provide new unique opportunities for personal, professional and collaborative growth of business and professional women in the community by sponsoring social events and hosting programs designed to highlight and address legal, social and economic matters of concern for women in business today. To learn about upcoming and recent events, see below.
Over the past few years, our Women’s Committee has featured events involving a number of nonprofit organizations including House of Ruth, Suited to Succeed, and Dress for Success. Niles Barton has also been a sponsor of DRI Women in the Law regional events, of which our attorneys are members.
- Suited to Succeed Professional Women's Clothing Drive - March 2016
- Women's Committee Fall Networking Reception & Tequila Tasting benefitting House of Ruth Maryland - October 22, 2015
- Suited to Succeed Professional Women's Clothing Drive - March 2015
- DRI Women in the Law Committee Baltimore Networking Event – January 28, 2014
DRI Women in the Law Committee Maryland Initiative Kick-Off Event – October 2, 2013
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Representative speaking engagements include:
- The Affordable Care Act: What Employers Need to Know, National Business Institute, Co-Presenter, December 11, 2013 (Susan D. Baker)
The Women’s Committee actively serves the local community through its members’ participation and leadership in various charitable associations and volunteer projects. Our female attorneys are involved in the following:
- The Women’s Law Center of Maryland, Inc.
- Sister’s Circle
- Maryland SPCA
- Maryland Small Business Development Center
Additionally, our attorneys serve on the board or are involved in a leadership capacity of the following associations:
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Maryland
- Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, Inc.
Maryland Defense Counsel, Inc.
Maryland’s New Benefit Corporation Could Make It Easier To Build Green by Susan D. Baker
Awards and Honors
Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Stars
– Alicia D. Stewart for Business Litigation (2016)
Martindale Hubbell-rated Attorneys - Susan Baker (Business Law)
- Susan B. Austin
- Susan D. Baker
- V. Timothy Bambrick
- Forrest F. Bramble Jr.
- Paul M. Finamore
- Matthew L. Kimball
- Michael H. Mannes
- Robert P. O'Brien
- George E. Reede Jr.
- Craig D. Roswell
- M. David Stallings
- Mark J. Stiller
- John G. Wharton
- Christopher D. Wolf
- Jeffrey A. Wothers
- Of Counsel
- Melody E. McGrath
- John L. Doran
- Bryant S. Green
- J. Teigen Hall
- Michele F. Hayes
- Keith O. Hinder, Jr.
- Emily J. Johnson
- Diane E. Moir
- Jessica E. Pak
- Alicia D. Stewart
- Matthew J. Youssef