Michael H. Mannes’ practice includes all phases of real estate with a concentration in the development, creation, and representation of condominium and planned unit developments.
Michael has assisted in the creation and development of in excess of 10,000 units of housing in the Condominium, Cooperative and Homeowners Association form of ownership on behalf of Developers. He represents Boards of Directors of condominiums, homeowners' associations, and cooperatives in the areas of dispute resolution, construction, and governance issues. Michael was a solo practitioner for fourteen years prior to joining Niles Barton.
Michael is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell, awarded by peer review, for the highest standards of professional skill and ethics. Michael has also been recognized as a top attorney in real estate by Maryland Super Lawyers 2008-2020.
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., University Baltimore School of Law, 1970
- Real Property AppraisalThe John Hopkins University, 1966
- B.E. in Management Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1963
- Governor’s Commission on Condominiums, Cooperatives and Homeowners Associations (1978-1988)
- Maryland State Bar Association Legislative Committee of Real Property Section
- American Bar Association Member
- Community Associations Institute Member
- Maryland Builders Association Board and Legislative Committee
- Lambda Alpha International Land Economics Society
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate, 2022
- Maryland Super Lawyers recognized top attorney in Real Estate, 2008-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell AV- Preeminent® rated attorney