Diane E. DiBlasio counsels international insurance companies, syndicates, and domestic carriers on various coverage related matters having to do with first-party and third-party claims. She also litigates insurance coverage matters and defends clients in state and federal trial courts across multiple jurisdictions.
Diane represents leading domestic and international carriers, as well as a significant number of syndicates in the world's leading specialist insurance market: Lloyd's of London. She works with underwriters, brokers, managing general agents and third-party administrators to work through first-party insurance matters and third-party/liability matters, including Representations & Warranty (W&I) claims and coverage disputes, Commercial Crime claims, and Property claims.
In addition to her professional work, Diane is the firm’s Hiring Partner and Co-Chair of the Women’s Committee. She is also an active member of the Law Firm Alliance (LFA) and Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS).
Related Practice Areas
- District of Columbia
- New York
J.D., Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, 2011
Touro Law Review
- B.S. in English, Minor: Political Science, summa cum laude, Dean's List, Towson University, 2007
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Young Lawyers Division
Maryland Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Insurance Coverage: 2021 - 2022
- Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP Women’s Committee Co-Chair
- Trademark Protection of Color Alone: How and When Does a Color Develop Secondary Meaning and Why Color Marks Can Never Be Inherently Distinctive, 27 TOURO L. REV. 407 (2011).
Corporate Disputes Magazine “Resolving Post-Acquisition Disputes: Representations and Warranties (R&W) Claims” July-September 2021
2023 LFA Women’s Forum Panelist: How to be a Better Advocate for Yourself