Working at Niles Barton
Niles Barton provides our attorneys and legal professionals with challenging, rewarding work in a professional work environment. We see great strength in handling cases using a collaborative, team approach while at the same time giving our attorneys and legal professionals the opportunity to work independently and take on significant responsibility early in their legal careers.
Add To Our Reputation
We are always looking to add smart, talented and motivated individuals to join our team. For legal career opportunities, please contact M. David Stallings, Hiring Partner, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For professional staff opportunities, please forward resume and cover letter to Barbara J. Mason, Firm Administrator, via email at email@example.com.
Community Association Collections Specialist
Niles, Barton and Wilmer, LLP is seeking a collections specialist. As a key member of our team you will be responsible for providing customer service and support to our clients in recovering delinquent and missing payments. You will be tasked with collecting unpaid assessments, researching payment discrepancies, reviewing and processing adjustment requests, administering payment plans, assembling documents in preparation for trial and marshalling efforts to satisfy any judgments. This role requires strong organizational and communication skills to process a high volume of inbound and outbound calls as well as e-mail communications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills (One must be professional, polite, and have a true desire to provide the service and assistance being asked of them.)
• Ability to get along well with others and work in a team environment
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to review and identify discrepancies in financial records
• Strong and detail-oriented record keeping to document financial transactions
• Summarizing current delinquent status by collecting information; preparing reports as instructed or needed
• Aid in the preparation of asset, liability, and account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
• Adept at gathering publicly available information and applying problem solving skills
• Communicate with stakeholders regarding delinquent accounts and payment plans
• Work with counsel to prepare for Board meetings and other client interactions
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel
• Time management
• Judgment and decision-making ability
• Reliability, be on time, and able to handle a large portfolio of properties
Other Valuable Skills:
• Some working understanding of the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act
• Some working understanding of general bankruptcy principals
• Some working understanding of E-Filing in District and Circuit Courts
At least 1-year experience in Community Association collections is preferred or 2 to 3 years’ experience in a related field.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements and a list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transactional Lawyers with Portable Practices
Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP is seeking lawyers with portable practices to join our Business and Corporate Law Department. We seek candidates with experience in the following practice areas: employment, corporate/M&A, intellectual property, commercial real estate development, and tax. If you are seeking a legal career in a firm with a collegial environment that fosters your success, please forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements, estimate of portable business, and a list of references to: email@example.com
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. As an employee, you have the option to participate in the following benefits plans:
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Sharing
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Days Off for Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Parking Allowance
All applicants for employment and all employees are treated in all respects on the basis of their merit and qualifications, and without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
"I’ve been with Niles Barton for 30 years, and I appreciate how the firm has always supported me as a working mother and as a lawyer."
Susan D. Baker
"Niles Barton provides its associates with an admirable balance of supervision and autonomy that allows them to develop the skills necessary to further their practice while benefiting from mentorship within the firm. Being a part of the Niles team has provided me not only with exposure to a wide breadth of legal issues, but has also allowed me to be an active part of the creative solutions utilized to our clients’ benefit."
Matthew J. Youssef
"Niles Barton gives me flexibility and opportunities to excel in my professional and personal life."
Barbara J. Mason, Firm Administrator