Working at Niles Barton
Niles Barton provides our attorneys and legal professionals with challenging, rewarding work in a professional work environment. We see great strength in handling cases using a collaborative, team approach while at the same time giving our attorneys and legal professionals the opportunity to work independently and take on significant responsibility early in their legal careers.
Add To Our Reputation
We are always looking to add smart, talented and motivated individuals to join our team. For legal career opportunities, please contact M. David Stallings, Hiring Partner, via email at email@example.com.
For professional staff opportunities, please forward resume and cover letter to Barbara J. Mason, Firm Administrator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transactional Lawyers with Portable Practices
Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP is seeking lawyers with portable practices to join our Business and Corporate Law Department.
We seek candidates with experience in the following practice areas: employment, corporate/M&A, intellectual property, commercial real estate development, and tax.
If you are seeking a legal career in a firm with a collegial environment that fosters your success, please forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements, estimate of portable business, and a list of references to: email@example.com
IT Systems Support Administrator
Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP is a mid-sized law firm located in downtown Baltimore. The IT Systems Support Administrator is responsible for maintenance, documentation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of information systems. They will also provide Help Desk support for 60+ users. This role also includes the responsibility of training existing users and new hires on the proper use of certain applications and technologies.
Years of Experience: 2 – 4
Career Level: Some experience (non-manager)
Salary: $45 – 60k + Benefits (Depending on experience)
- Assist the IT Director with developing and maintaining of all systems, software, network components and services.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- Provide users with technical support (Help Desk).
- Assist the IT Director with configuring and maintaining multiple Windows servers.
- Assist the IT Director with monitoring and maintaining network and system security.
- Configure and deploy user workstations.
- Asset Management
- Assist the IT Director with managing services such as Active Directory, DHCP, etc.
- Assist the IT Director with technical documentation for system changes, upgrades, and training material.
- Train new hires and existing staff on the proper use of technology assets.
- Serve as a technical resource for other requested firm functions.
- Assist the IT Director with telephony system administration.
- Assist the IT Director with managing mobile devices.
- Manage network printers and multifunction devices.
- Assist the IT Director with IT budgeting and procurement needs.
- Assist the IT Director with management in developing network policies.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology for the benefit of the firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/IS, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 2 -4 years of experience in a technical setting.
- Desire to learn and develop further responsibilities as the IT Systems Support Administrator.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to leverage and communicate with IT consulting firm/vendor support as necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours as required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and work in tight areas.
- Familiarity with client-server architecture (applications/services).
- Familiarity with hosted/cloud-based solutions.
- Knowledge of switching, routing, and IP addressing.
- Familiarity with software licensing.
- Firewall rule/policy features and general network security.
- Exchange/Office365 server email services.
- Disaster Recovery fundamentals.
**NO RECRUITERS PLEASE**
Please forward your resume and cover letter with salary requirements and a list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits packages. As an employee, you have the option to participate in the following benefits plans:
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Sharing
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Days Off for Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- Parking Allowance
All applicants for employment and all employees are treated in all respects on the basis of their merit and qualifications, and without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
"I’ve been with Niles Barton for 30 years, and I appreciate how the firm has always supported me as a working mother and as a lawyer."
Susan D. Baker
"Niles Barton provides its associates with an admirable balance of supervision and autonomy that allows them to develop the skills necessary to further their practice while benefiting from mentorship within the firm. Being a part of the Niles team has provided me not only with exposure to a wide breadth of legal issues, but has also allowed me to be an active part of the creative solutions utilized to our clients’ benefit."
Matthew J. Youssef
"Niles Barton gives me flexibility and opportunities to excel in my professional and personal life."
Barbara J. Mason, Firm Administrator