February 10, 2014Niles Barton Associate Matthew Youssef Selected to BVU's 2014 GIVE Class
Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP is proud to announce that Matthew J. Youssef, an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Department, has been selected to the Business Volunteers Maryland’s 2014 GIVE Program Class, Baltimore’s premiere civic leadership program for young professionals. Business Volunteers Maryland (BVU) recently announced the 2014 GIVE (Getting Involved in Volunteer Experiences) Program Class, which includes 36 professionals from a broad range of careers who will work to improve Baltimore through civic engagement, community building and leadership development. Members of the 2014 GIVE class represent a diverse range of industries, including financial services, education, healthcare, legal, real estate, technology and non-for-profit.
The GIVE Program raises awareness among the next generation of civic leaders about the growing need for volunteerism and engagement. The eight-month program will prepare classmates to be dynamic civic leaders through a curriculum of monthly learning seminars, professional development and volunteer opportunities, and networking events. Participants will be exposed to the issues and challenges facing the Baltimore community, and the rewards of effective volunteer and nonprofit board service. Participants of GIVE are accepted into the program by BVU and a selection committee after a thorough and selective application process. Following the first year of the program, GIVE classmates can continue their involvement as GIVE advisory board members, ambassadors for civic engagement or as mentors to future participants. Last year, BVU graduated 35 GIVE classmates.
The 2014 GIVE class is comprised of:
• Brian Bauder, McGladrey, LLP
• Abby Carmean, Child First Authority
• Aaron Casagrande, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston, LLP
• Maureen Casey, BGE
• Patrick Chambers, WebIXI
• Melissa Cifone, Transamerica
• Thomas Colegrove, Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn, P.A.
• Patrick Dougherty, Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore
• Vanessa Dubinsky, W.R. Grace
• Michael Freeburger, Jr., Legg Mason
• Alexis George, Transamerica
• Hillary Gras, GE Capital
• Meghan Harnett, Mercy Medical Center
• Taadhameka Kennedy, Boy Scouts of America – Baltimore Area Council
• Thomas Klemans, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
• Peter Kohlasch, Perspektive
• Adam Konstas, Pessin Katz Law, P.A.
• Bridget Kurowski, T. Rowe Price
• Kathleen McGinley, Ober Kaler Grimes & Shriver, PC
• Medley McGuire, Gross Mendelsohn
• Keith Minney, The Daily Record
• Ashley Parker, Northrop Grumman
• Matthew Prior, Robert Half
• Matthew Riggin, Morgan Stanley
• Morgan Somerville, Stevenson University
• Jesse Strow, OneMain Financial
• Melissa Sweeney, Continental Realty Corporation
• Amanda Terzigni, SC&H Group, Inc.
• Bryan Tracy, PNC Bank – Wealth Management
• Rhonda Ulmer, University for Parents
• Andrew Vanderlip, Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.
• Ashley Webb, Brown Advisory
• John Williams, PNC Bank
• William Wilson, Legg Mason
• King Yan Yip, Audacious Inquiry
• Matthew Youssef, Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLPsee all news »
Join C-level executives and business owners for a Cyber Security Seminar on April 16, 2019, offering…read more »
Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP is pleased to announce that M. Andrea Olsen-Leyden has joined the…read more »
Craig D. Roswell, Managing Partner of Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP, was elected in 2018 as Chair-Elect…read more »
Matthew J. Youssef, a corporate and business litigation partner at Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP,…read more »