- 410-783-6357 direct
- 410-783-6452 fax
Mr. Youssef is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department. He has experience advising community associations, restaurants, technology startups, and businesses engaged in government contracting on business law issues. He has handled a wide variety of contract negotiations, employment issues, trademark litigation, and business disputes.
Matthew advises emerging growth companies on corporate governance and legal issues relating to equity compensation, employment agreements, commercial leases, intellectual property protection, and litigation that arises from commercial disputes. He regularly drafts service contracts, terms of service, privacy policies, and software license agreements.
With deep litigation experience, Matthew works with clients to resolve unexpected legal issues and is frequently called upon by clients to provide advice on their most challenging problems that require creative and unconventional solutions. His experience ranges from intervening in bankruptcy cases to enforcing creditors’ rights to seeking injunctions to protect intellectual property. Matthew has counseled small and large public contracting companies in Maryland on navigating the procurement process, resolving bid protests, and appeals.
Matthew’s clients include community associations that require legal advice on navigating their governing documents, handling disputes and guiding their Boards. He has successfully brought covenant enforcement actions to correct violations and assisted Boards in the revision of their governing documents to avoid future disputes. He regularly advises community associations regarding compliance with the federal Fair Debt Collection Act.
Matthew has been named by Maryland Super Lawyers to the Rising Star List for Business Litigation from 2013-2019. He has also been recognized by the Maryland Daily Record for “20 in their Twenties” award in 2011 and for the “Maryland VIP List – Successful by 40” in 2016 for professional achievement and civic involvement.
Before law school Matthew volunteered as a residential counselor with Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baltimore, where he served as a live-in AmeriCorp Volunteer. Since then he helped found Boys Hope Girls Hope’s Young Professional Committee and briefly served on the Advisory Board for Harlem Park Elementary Middle School located in the Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood of Baltimore. He is also active with the University of Scranton alumni association.
Honors & Awards
- Maryland Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Business Litigation, 2013-2019
- Maryland’s VIP List – Successful by 40 by The Daily Record, 2016
- Maryland’s "20 in Their Twenties" by The Daily Record, 2011
- Maryland, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2010
- U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2013
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, 2013
- Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Virginia, 2014
- U.S. District Court of the Western District of Virginia, 2014
- New York, 2017
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
- University of Baltimore School of LawBaltimore, MD
- University of ScrantonScranton, PA
B.S., Economics, 2005
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Community Associations Institute
- Defense Research Institute
- Greater Baltimore Committee Next Up Program, Class of 2019
- Harlem Park Elementary Middle School, Advisory Board, 2016-2017
- Business Volunteers Maryland
GIVE Advisory Committee, 2015-2016
GIVE Class of 2014
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baltimore
Young Professional Committee, 2011-2016
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
Young Lawyers Division Executive Council, Communications Committee Chair & Member-At Large, 2011-2012
Communications and News Journal Committee, 2015-2016
- American Bar Association
Vice-Chair, ABA Young Lawyer’s Division, Public Contract Law Committee, 2011-2012
- Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2010-2014
Government Contracts Committee Member, 2011-2012