Susan D. Baker represents business clients and emerging growth companies in a full range of matters, including entity formation and modification, owner agreements, contract review and negotiation, real estate, and trademark and copyright issues.
In addition to representing business clients and emerging growth companies, Susan has an active mergers and acquisition practice representing clients on both the buy and sell side. She also focusses on representation of non-profit organizations.
Susan is very involved in the firm’s Pro Bono and Women’s initiatives. She is the firm's Pro Bono Partner, leading a firm-wide strategic initiative to expand pro bono opportunities for attorneys.
Additionally, Susan is active in the community. She has assisted growing businesses through the Maryland Small Business Development Center’s CEO Accelerator Program, and she has mentored two high school students through Sister’s Circle, a mentorship-focused nonprofit based in Baltimore.
Related Practice Areas
- J.D., Catholic University of America, 1983
- B.A. in History, Cum Laude, University of Pennsylvania, 1977
- Sister’s Circle
Board of Directors and Mentor
- Bryn Mawr School
Board of Trustees
1998 - 1999
- Maryland Small Business Development Center
CEO Accelerator Program and Strategic Growth Advisory Board
- Former Sister’s Circle Board of Directors and Mentor
- Former Bryn Mawr School Member Board of Trustees
News and Publications
- "Hit the Road Jack and Don’t You Come Back No More-10 Provisions in a Business Acquisition Agreement that Limit Seller’s Liability to Buyer"