- 410-783-6357 direct
- 410-783-6452 fax
Mr. Youssef is a partner in the firm’s Corporate and Litigation Departments. He has extensive experience helping businesses navigate unexpected legal problems ranging from contractual disputes, infringement of intellectual property, allegations of wrongdoing, and personnel issues.
With broad and deep litigation experience throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, Matthew is frequently called upon to provide advice on how best to avoid potential litigation by implementing responsible corporate governance, ensuring oversight and establishing policies and procedures that protect business from their most challenging problems.
As privacy and data security have risen to the forefront of business owners’ minds, Matthew has helped many clients prepare internal and public facing policies to ensure that they are following new laws being implemented throughout the United States and Europe including GDPR, CCPA and the Personal Information Protection Act in Maryland.
Matthew regularly helps clients develop a plan to protect their intellectual property and has worked with online and brick-and-mortar retailers to guard against unfair competition and trademark infringement, successfully litigating injunctions to cease infringements when necessary. Throughout the life of the business or brand, he mitigates the need for litigation by acting quickly and assertively to ensure its success.
Matthew also advises emerging growth companies on corporate governance and legal issues relating to equity compensation, employment agreements, commercial leases, and litigation that arises from commercial disputes. He regularly drafts service contracts, terms of service, privacy policies, and software license agreements.
In the world of government contracting, Matthew has helped his clients both large and small navigate the procurement process, resolving bid protests, and appeals. Matthew will frequently assist clients with Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) or Small Business Enterprise (SBE) certifications.
Matthew has been named by Maryland Super Lawyers to the Rising Star List for Business Litigation from 2013-2019. He has also been recognized by the Maryland Daily Record for “20 in their Twenties” award in 2011 and for the “Maryland VIP List – Successful by 40” in 2016 for professional achievement and civic involvement. He was recently selected to participate in the Greater Baltimore Committee (GBC) Next Up 2019 program, focused on professional development, leadership training, and networking opportunities for young leaders from across Baltimore region’s industries and sectors who have been identified as the next generation of leaders by their organizations.
Prior to law school, Matthew volunteered as a residential counselor with Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baltimore, where he served as a live-in AmeriCorp Volunteer. He helped found Boys Hope Girls Hope’s Young Professional Committee and briefly served on the Advisory Board for Harlem Park Elementary Middle School located in the Sandtown-Winchester neighborhood of Baltimore. He is also active with the University of Scranton Alumni Association.
Honors & Awards
- Maryland Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Business Litigation, 2013-2019
- Maryland’s VIP List – Successful by 40 by The Daily Record, 2016
- Maryland’s "20 in Their Twenties" by The Daily Record, 2011
- Maryland, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2010
- U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2013
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, 2013
- Virginia, 2013
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of Virginia, 2014
- U.S. District Court of the Western District of Virginia, 2014
- New York, 2017
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York, 2019
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
- University of Baltimore School of LawBaltimore, MD
- University of ScrantonScranton, PA
B.S., Economics, 2005
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- New York State Bar
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Community Associations Institute
- Defense Research Institute
- Greater Baltimore Committee Next Up Program, Class of 2019
- Harlem Park Elementary Middle School, Advisory Board, 2016-2017
- Business Volunteers Maryland
GIVE Advisory Committee, 2015-2016
GIVE Class of 2014
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Baltimore
Young Professional Committee, 2011-2016
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
Young Lawyers Division Executive Council, Communications Committee Chair & Member-At Large, 2011-2012
Communications and News Journal Committee, 2015-2016
- American Bar Association
Vice-Chair, ABA Young Lawyer’s Division, Public Contract Law Committee, 2011-2012
- Baltimore Washington Corridor Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2010-2014
Government Contracts Committee Member, 2011-2012