- (410) 783-6392 direct
- (410) 783-6445 fax
Mr. Pollock is an award-winning data security and cybersecurity attorney, public media figure, and leader of Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP’s data security and cybersecurity law practice.
Data is priceless. In the wrong hands, it can cripple organizations and ruin lives. What we know is that the average data breach costs $3,920,000. With data being collected in almost every aspect of our lives, it’s a matter of when, not if, a data breach happens. You have two choices: mitigate the harm or experience a potential catastrophe.
Why Hire Legal Counsel Before a Data Breach
As a certified privacy expert and attorney, Mr. Pollock helps clients prepare and respond to data breaches and cyber-attacks. Why? Organizations with a plan, response team, and practice for an attack save on average $1,230,000. With no standards (nationally or internationally) for data security, cybersecurity, and privacy laws, organizations need help avoid financial, legal, and reputational risks.
Call our 24/7 Data Breach Hotline with any questions: 443-381-3586
- Prepare for data breaches by writing and implementing policies to comply with state, federal, and international data security and cybersecurity laws
- Train C-Suite leaders and employees on data security and cybersecurity
- Lead practice drills (mock breach response exercises)
- Perform vendor vetting and due diligence as required by law
- Respond to data breaches by identifying laws impacting your organization and next steps to avoid fines, penalties, regulatory investigations, and civil lawsuits
- 85% win-rate as lead counsel on 30+ civil defense jury trials
- Co-counsel on 25 state and federal jury trials
- Lead counsel serving on 250 Maryland bench trials and defending 100+ party and fact witness depositions and 40+ expert witness depositions
- Featured 4 times on TV as a data breach and cybersecurity expert
- Available 24/7 in the event of a data breach
- TV Commentator, March 2020 WBAL News Now With Bryan Nehman
- TV Commentator, March 2020 WJZ CBS Baltimore
- TV Commentator, January 2020 Fox 45 Morning Show
- Radio Commentator, January 2020 Stevie Bridgewater’s Public Affairs Show
- Radio Commentator, October 2019 The Brett Hollander Podcast
- Panelist, September 2020 Mid-Atlantic Association for Financial Professionals
- Speaker, August 2020 Half-Moon Seminars
- Speaker, May 2020 UnitedWay
- Speaker, April 2020 Mortgage Bankers Association of Metropolitan Washington
- Speaker, April 2020 Halfmoon Seminars
- Panelist, February 2020 Niles, Barton & Wilmer, LLP
- Speaker, January 2020 Treasurers’ Roundtable
- Speaker, November 2019 Mid-Atlantic Association for Financial Professionals
- Speaker, April 2019 Cyber Security Seminar
- Author, How COVID-19 Allowed Hackers to Exploit Cyber Vulnerabilities.
- Author, Data Security, Cybersecurity, and Privacy Laws: How to Handle External Vendors.
- Author, The Requirements and Impact of the Insurance Data Security Model Law
- Author, Reported Data Breaches Involving Maryland Residents on the Rise
- Co-Author, Preparing, Adapting and Responding to Cyber Incidents: Marriott International Case Study
- Maryland, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2013
- District of Columbia, 2014
- University of Baltimore School of LawBaltimore, MD
- University of the SouthSewanee, TN
B.A., Political Science, 2008
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland Defense Counsel, Inc.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)